On Saturday, we had a fairly laid-back day in order to recover from our fun, but tiring day at Bear Lake. I worked on laundry. Tim caught up on some work. Ryland mowed the lawn. Sahara and Beth got their things together to go to Girls Camp and Beth cornrowed Esther's hair for me, so that I can crochet microbraids in this week. Esther, Claire, Ezra and Talley cleaned out the van and then Kenyon vacuumed it. It was very sandy from being at the lake.
In the afternoon, Tim, Talley, Kenyon, Henry and I went to Costco to pick up Kenyon's new glasses (unfortunately he goes through glasses like crazy). He looks so handsome!
For dinner I made BBQ chicken. While I was cooking the chicken, several of the kids came out to play in the yard. It had cooled down quite a bit and they were enjoying getting some fresh air and goofing around.
Today I dropped Bethlehem and Sahara off at Girls Camp. It's so weird not to have them around. I like when my kiddos are all at home with me the very best. :-) I hope they are having a great time. This year they are both junior leaders (I'm not sure of the official term) and will each be in charge of a group of girls younger than them. It should be a good experience for them. They come home Friday afternoon.
As I was getting Henry ready for bed, Ryland took this picture. When we showed it to Henry on the camera, he was so excited and kept hugging me tight. I love my sweet baby. I love that he is such a "mama's boy". He is so much fun and I enjoy watching him grow and progress. It happens too fast, but I try to remind myself each day to cherish every moment and remember what a blessing he, and each one of his siblings, is in my life. I really want my time with my kiddos to count for something. They are precious to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment