Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy 12th Birthday Kenyon!

My handsome, wonderful son, Kenyon turned 12 today! Kenyon is a funny, kind, thoughtful boy. He is loving and gentle. He loves sports, especially basketball, loves little kids and animals and video games. I can always count on Kenyon to know what I need, sometimes even before I realize it myself. He is such a considerate, selfless young man. I am proud of him and the fabulous young man he is turning into. Our family is lucky to have him in it. We all love our Kenyon!

For his birthday lunch, Kenyon chose a hamburger, fries and Oreo shake from Carl's Jr. And for his birthday dinner, I made him Ethiopian food. We had key wat, doro wat, gomen, shiro wat and Iab cheese--all on injera. YUM! For his cake, he chose Mississippi Mud. A delicious meal.

Happy Birthday Kenyon!!!


Kenyon didn't have to do his chores after school, since it was his birthday. He got to play video games while the rest of us did his chores and made his birthday dinner and dessert. :-) (Our kids do not have to do any chores at all on their birthday.)


A view into the kitchen where Sahara and Beth are putting walnuts on Kenyon's cake.


Henry


Kenyon again. Oblivious that I am taking his photo.


Sahara wanted to put Kenyon's name with the walnuts.



Bethlehem


Sahara and Bethlehem still working on the cake decorating.


Handsome Kenyon



Tim & Henry



Kenyon


He is one good lookin' young man!



Yummy Mississippi Mud Cake.


The kids playing a ball game before Kenyon opened his presents.



Present time!










Kenyon LOVES basketball. His favorite team is the Miami Heat.


Cake time.







Blowing out the candles!

No comments: