Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pizza Boy

Wow! Tonight my 14 year old son ate an entire pizza by himself. As we were driving to get more hair for Esther's microbraids (I know. I should've learned from doing Talley's. I thought I had bought plenty for Esther's hair. However, Esther ended up needing even more hair than Talley did. Crazy.), I decided that I would make my life easier and pick up some pizza on the way home. As it was, I had spent the day doing Esther's hair, doing the shipments for Tim's business and cuddling Henry who is a little under-the-weather. I was tired and didn't feel like making dinner.

I usually order 4 pizzas for our family and we add fruit or green smoothies or a salad or whatever to it. My kids are BIG eaters. Today my boys were begging me to buy 5 pizzas. I was questioning the need for one more and Kenyon said, "I can definitely eat more pizza than I usually do." And then Ryland piped up, "I could eat a whole pizza by myself." I laughed. I know he can put a lot of food away, but a whole pizza to himself?

So, I decided to take him up on that challenge and ordered a 5th pizza. When we got home and the other kids realized that Ryland truly got to have a whole pizza to himself, they were not happy. They felt it was unfair. Especially Claire. She kept telling me she could eat a whole pizza herself and when Ryland was halfway through his, she said, "I could've been done with that whole pizza by now if it was mine." Talley added, "When I grow up, I'm going to eat THREE whole pizzas by myself!" I decided to let them all pig out and eat as much as they wanted. Claire managed 5 pieces before she looked a little sick. Kenyon also had 5, as he decided he'd rather put other things in his belly besides pizza. Ezra managed 2 pieces, simply because his new medication leaves him without an appetite (pre-new medication Ezra could eat 2 hot dogs and a hamburger in one sitting). Esther and Talley each had 4. Funny kids.

And so Ryland polished off every single slice. Then he declared, "I did it. But now I don't like Little Caesar's Pizza anymore." :-)







2 comments:

sweetlissybug said...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! That's awesome.

One Crowded House said...

oh my- that is what I have to look forward to as my boys inch closer to teen hood.... humungous appetites!