Well, we made it out the door and to school on time. It was hard waking up a little before 6 am after we have had the whole summer to sleep in. The kids looked fabulous in their uniforms. The drop-off for the junior high kids was uneventful. Dropping off the elementary kids was a little bit chaotic. I guess most elementary kids are still happiest with mom bringing them inside and hanging out until school actually starts. Esther, Claire and Talley were all super nervous and kinda clingy, but Ezra was yakking it up in his class' line, instantly making new friends. I did much better this year than last year. I was able to hold the tears off and put on a brave, smiling face the entire time. Last year I was holding back tears non-stop and bawling as I walked out of the school. So, I was feeling pretty darn proud of myself. Henry was curious about all of the hullabaloo and very chatty on the way home. He didn't seem to appreciate the quiet on the ride home. I was happy when it was time to pick them up and even Tim came along with me to see them after school. The kids thought it was fun to see daddy and mommy at the pick-up line.
(In other news, Tim and I took Sahara and Beth school shopping today. It was mostly fun. Shopping is not my most favorite thing, especially when I have to keep saying things like, "Nope, too tight," "Um, not really modest enough," etc. But the girls ended up with some cute things and it was nice to spend time with them and Tim. Henry came along too and fell asleep in my arms. Sweet baby.)
Kenyon, 7th grade
Ezra, 3rd grade
Ryland, 9th grade
Claire, 3rd grade
Esther, 3rd grade
Talley, 2nd grade
In the van, while we were waiting for the kids that carpool with us to get in the van.
Ezra, Esther, Talley, Claire and Henry
Ezra, Esther, Talley & Claire
Talley
Claire
Ezra
Esther
1 comment:
Happy first day of school! Everyone looks great! Who needs official school photos with pictures like those!
Post a Comment