Thursday, August 2, 2012

Bright Bedroom

Well, the big project of moving the three little girls into one big bedroom is finished (for the most part) at long last. I did the painting. Boy howdy was that a fun project. We ordered a custom-made triple bunk bed. I got it unfinished, to save a little money, and stained it myself. Unfortunately, I stained it indoors (genius!) and it smelled awful and gave us all headaches. We ended up opening windows, propping up fans and leaving the house for a couple of hours (we went to Walmart and then hung out at the library). We then moved Esther & Claire's dresser and clothes into it. We decided to leave Talley's dresser in her old room for now while we look for a new one that will better fit in the space we have saved for her. We went through all of their toys, put the majority of them in the toy room and brought the remaining ones into their new room. I put up all their pictures from their old rooms (done after I took the photos, so you won't be able to see them) and we made up their beds. We do need to organize the built-in shelves with their stuff, put up some butterfly Wallies, and I'd like to get a mirror hung up, too. A few little things left, but we are basically finished.

They love it. It was 100% worth the work. :-)

Before:




After:


































2 comments:

Michele said...

I LOVE it! So fun! It looks worth all the effort. :-)

sweetlissybug said...

It looks amazing! Good job! :)