Friday, May 24, 2013

Only Speech

I had a meeting this morning at the school to go over Matthias' IEP. We were given the good news that he has advanced out of all resources except speech! Matt was a little bummed that he won't be able to go to his resource classes during regular class, but I was proud. ;-) (I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that they get treats when they accomplish goals in resource.) We're working on his focus in class and the resource teacher provided a little box that vibrates every few minutes to remind a child that they should be on task. They set it for 10 minutes to see how it works for Matt. He did not like that! ;-) But he was willing to give it a shot, anyway. He said it was embarrassing. I'm sure it is, but having the teacher remind you a lot to get to work is probably embarrassing too. He is doing great though and trying hard. I just love to see him smile. He has a great smile and also a good sense of humor. The teachers were all saying nice things about him in our meeting and I know he enjoyed the praise.

Matthias has a couple of weeks off of school and then he'll be back again for a couple more and then he'll finally have summer break. The rest of my kiddos get out of school on June 5th. We're getting close! Summer vacation can't come soon enough for all of us.

We spent the morning working on Tim's grandma's yard. It was a lot of work! Thankfully the weather was absolutely beautiful. It felt great to be out there working and sweating while doing something good for Tim's grandma at the same time. She is a sweetheart and has been such a wonderful grandma to Tim and I and our kids. Henry had fun playing in her garden wagon. I took a few photos of him, because it cracked me up that he had on these huge gloves. He kept saying, "I'm ready mama." Our charter school kids were home today because of Memorial Day weekend, so they all came over to help too. What good kids they were mowing lawns, pulling weeds and such! I'm glad they are all hard workers.

I am also sharing some photos from a couple days ago when our neighbor and friend took Henry on his equipment. Henry is obsessed with construction equipment and he had a blast working the mini excavator and the skid-steer. Such fun! He is still talking about it. ;-)

We're looking forward to having a nice 3 day weekend before we get into the busy last couple of weeks of school.

No comments: