Thursday, January 31, 2013

Try It

This has been kind of a yucky week. We've been passing around different illnesses the entire month of January. This week ended up being a fun one in the sicky department. Tim finally succumbed and has been quite ill. He thought he was dying yesterday, but says he thinks he'll make it now. It is certainly no fun being sick. Henry had a fever that would not stop from Sunday afternoon until yesterday. I was so relieved when it finally broke. He has an ear infection in each ear and had the flu on top of it. He is doing so much better today.

The last week or so Henry has been wanting to go potty on the toilet. He always says, "Try it bafroom." We take him in there and he goes potty. Today he was asking me several times throughout the day and he stayed dry all morning, wet during his nap, got a new pull-up and stayed dry through the afternoon/evening. I don't want to get my hopes up here, because he is only 20 months old afterall, but my hopes are up! ;-) I promised myself I would never push another child of mine to potty-train. I vowed it would be when they wanted to train. I learned my lesson from a couple of my kids that were very determined to NOT get potty-trained. ;-) But Henry wants this. He initiated it and persists at trying. I am a little bit in shock.

Today was so sunny and gorgeous. I am super ready for winter to be done. Let's hope we get good news from Phil on Groundhog's Day.

The kids are all doing well. The new semester started up last week and the older kids are getting used to their new classes. I did have to help Sahara change out of two classes this morning. The younger kids are still plugging away at elementary school. Right now the littles (Matthias, Esther, Claire, Ezra & Talley) are obsessed with playing Uno, Skip-Bo, Little Big Planet (video game) and Just Dance (video game). Luckily the weather was nice enough for them to play outdoors this afternoon. I look forward to the days of bike riding, scooter riding and exploring the neighborhood.

Can you tell I am tired of winter?

Well, I have been working on painting more of our main level the last couple of days. It is slow work with sick people in the house. I hope I can get the whole main level finished in the next couple of weeks. I cannot believe how long it has taken me to get this house painted (and I still have the whole upstairs). We have lived here for 4.5 years.

1 comment:

sweetlissybug said...

I hope everybody gets better. Being sick is really no fun. And don't worry about painting your home. I need to do it (because of all the dings and drawings from the kids), but I really don't want to. The task just seems so daunting.