Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Henry

Henry will be 20 months old on the 16th. He is quite the character. He is so much fun, but also keeps us on our toes.

A few days ago we were eating breakfast together. Ezra made a mess on the table with his oatmeal. Henry looked at it and said, "Ezra! Mess. Keen up emul (Clean up oatmeal)!"

Last night as I was rocking him to sleep, I had my Teachings of the Prophets: Lorenzo Snow with me to read. Henry saw the photo of President Snow on the cover and said, "Jesus." I said, "No, that isn't Jesus. That is Lorenzo Snow." Henry looked at his picture for a minute and said, "Eyes. Snow eyes." Then he said, "Hugs." He proceeded to hug the book over and over again. Then he went back to his bottle and cuddling. After a few minutes he said to me, "Snowman?" and pointed to the book. Since then he loves to look at the picture of President Snow, whom he now calls "Snowman" and hug and kiss his picture.

This morning I had made Henry some scrambled eggs and set him at the table to eat while I made some breakfast for Matt. I heard Henry run off and knew that was a bad sign. By the time I found him, he was in the little girls' bathroom, stirring the toilet water with his "big truck" spoon. He looked at me and said, "Toilet water big truck." After I cleaned up the mess and him and got him set back at the table so that I could resume breakfast-making, he was off again. I said, "Henry, what are you doing?" Henry called, "Pencil." I ran after him and found him drawing on the little girls' toy kitchen with a pencil, in the exact same spot where he had previously drawn with a marker. (We have lots of marker drawings on our doors and walls now.) I took the pencil, went to put it away and get back to my work. Two seconds later, he was back in the girls room dumping out his eggs into their toy kitchen sink, saying "Uh-oh. Eggs." I told him "no-no" and as I was leaning over to clean up his mess, he spanked me hard on my behind. Then he got very mad when I threw his eggs in the trash, so he threw toys all over. It was then decided that he needed a time-out. I sat him on my lap and held him there for one minute. He cried while I explained the naughty things he had done and how he needed to be a good boy. I told him needed to say sorry. He said, "Good boy. Sorry mommy." And then we cuddled and my heart melted.

I love this little boy with all of my heart. It is amazing to me how he is changing and growing. He is such a joy!

At 19 months old, he weighs 35.5 pounds. I'll have to hunt down his height later, as I can't remember it off the top of my head. But, he is wearing 4T shirts and 3-4T pants.


This picture was taken yesterday (with my new camera!).


These pictures were taken today.



No comments: