This has been a strange week. Ryland has been sick since Sunday with some stomach bug. Tim took him to the doctor's yesterday and our doctor said that he thinks it's just a virus that has been going around. Luckily, it seems Ry is making a turn for the better. We have confined him to his room and won't let anyone but Tim or I bring him food and drinks. I am really hoping that none of the other kids get this (or Tim and I for that matter). Having Ryland down has brought to my attention what creatures of habit our family is. We have had trouble all week long getting up and off to school. Ryland has early morning seminary (youth classes for church). He leaves the house around 6:05 am. That means that he (and Bethlehem and Sahara) get up at 5 am. Kenyon gets up at 5:30 am and everyone else gets up between 5:35 and 5:40 am. Then we have scripture study and prayer as a family at 5:45 am. Once Ryland is off, the rest of the kids get ready for school and we leave the house at 7:15-7:20 am every morning. Without Ryland being up and going, we have been sleeping in until 6-6:15 am and having scriptures later. That gives the kids a disadvantage for getting ready and leaving on time. In fact, Kenyon was actually late to school yesterday. I do not like this. We really benefit from a consistent routine around here.
Yesterday Claire said to me, "I hope RyRy gets better soon, because I miss him." We all do. It is odd to not have our happy, energetic, basketball-obsessed RyRy around. He sure makes life great. It feels weird when any of our kids are not here (for whatever reason).
There was more snow on the ground this morning and the drive to school was messy. It is also colder today. I stopped over at Walmart after I dropped the kids off at school to get Henry some warmer clothes and a better jacket. They didn't have any toddler winter coats, so I ended up getting him a fleece-lined hoodie. I need to get to Target today and see if they have jackets in Henry's size.
We've got a lot going on in the next week. I still haven't figured out Halloween costumes with all of our kids yet. Ugh! That has to be fixed. Tomorrow we're going to Tim's grandma's house for her annual haunted house and Halloween dinner. She loves to put on a little "Spook Alley" in her loft for the kids. The little kids look forward to this every year and the older kids look forward to hanging out with their cousins.
On Saturday morning I have my 10K (6.2 mile) race. I am looking forward to it. I am going with two friends and another gal that is friends with my friends. I am not 100% ready for the actual race, as I didn't get all of my training properly done, but I am just going for the fun of it. There is no way I will beat my previous 10K time, or even come close to it, and I am not concerned with that one bit. I am hoping this will get me jump-started with running again. I hope that it will help me remember how much I love the races. If I have a race to look forward to, then I will (usually) do the training. Plus, this race is affiliated with a local theater and there are 2 tickets each to 2 different plays for next year in the swag bag. How can you beat that? :-)
Well, Henry is down for his morning nap. I think I might join him for a short snooze.
No comments:
Post a Comment