I discovered today that if I need a small break from chasing Henry around the house, I can just put on the show Mighty Machines. He stood and watched a whole episode and then watched another one sitting in my lap. It was awesome. :-) Henry is non-stop action and so it was a treat to have a mini break this morning.
After the kids got home from school, the little kids and I all made sugar donuts. They had a great time. I even let Claire help me drop them in the hot oil and flip them. She is much more responsible when it comes to cooking than Esther, Ezra or Talley are. They had sugar-coating duty. The donuts were yummy.
Last night Henry slept in his crib until 4 am. That was a first! I was surprised when he called out for me to see that he had made it that long in his crib. He usually makes it until about 12:30 am before wanting to be in our bed. I hope it wasn't a fluke. He's almost 18 months old now, so it's probably about time for him to sleep in his own bed. It's hard for me to make this transition, but I know it must be done. My baby is growing up way too fast.
I definitely do not regret co-sleeping with Henry, even though I haven't had a decent night's sleep in over 16 months. I love how attached he is to Tim and me. We have made an concerted effort since the day he was born to pick him up whenever he fussed, to carry him in a sling or hold him whenever he wanted it, to co-sleep, etc. We wanted to create a tight attachment. And Henry is so thoroughly bonded to us. It is obvious that he feels safe and secure and as a result he is a happy, content and confident little boy. It has been a beautiful experience for all of us.
Anyway, that's probably more info than anyone who reads this blog cares to know about. ;-)
Well, it looks like our extra driveway/basketball court will be poured on Saturday. The boys can hardly stand it. They have been putting together our basketball hoop in the garage in anticipation of the concrete going in. I see many hours of outdoor fun ahead. (The kids already play outside a lot, but now I may not be able to get them inside for dinner.)
No comments:
Post a Comment