Hair is a very big deal at our house. Beth and I research hairstyles to try on the little girls and we take our job seriously. We want the little girls to be stylin'. :-) (Beth and I also do hair on the side for other people for a little spending money.) A longtime ago, when I had a feeling we would adopt Black children, I started figuring out how to take care of and do Black hair. I didn't want my daughters to look like they had a White mother in that respect. I wanted them to look like they would if they were being raised in their biological families. And hair is no joking matter for Black people. Beth and I have so much fun thinking up styles. Of course, the work of getting them done up isn't a joy for anyone involved, but it is always 100% worth it. Look how gorgeous Talley is with the new style Beth did for her yesterday!
No comments:
Post a Comment