Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Photo for Yesterday



I forgot to post a photo yesterday. This is Ezra reading The Magic Treehouse. He is on book 4 now. He started reading them on Monday and is just zooming through. I love to see my children fall in love with reading. It is magical.

2 comments:

abby said...

way to go, ez! my kids love those too. i can't wait for milo to read them on his own because they are terribly boring to me. :)

Michele said...

My kids love Magic treehouse too. Not me. Especially since my 6 year old asked me how I learned stuff- I said I listened. He said, "no, I mean since in the olden days girls weren't allowed to go to school". I was not so sure I believed this in America, but my 11 year old said it is in the magic treehouse book # what ever.
It is fun to watch kids go through the learning to read and then loving books. I have one that hated when I would read to him as a baby and toddler. He would take them from me and throw them. A couple of months ago his teacher caught him trying to sneak read a book in his lap while the teacher was teaching something else. I apologized to the teacher when he told me, but he said Isaac put it away when asked so it wasn't a big deal- he didn't mind seeing that & more told me because it's fun to know- I really like his teacher. I have another one who for a long time really just had no desire to learn to read, but is now slowly just starting to realize the joy it is. (I think Ana and William took a long time to read because they have a higher comprehension then reading level and it's frustrating & they loved letting me read to them, but that's not a bad thing).