Monday, March 15, 2010

Oink, Oink!

We are now proud owners of a pig! Really and truly. We went in with my brother and sister-in-law, several of their friends and my parents. We each have one pig (a total of 7) and will take part in the responsibility of caring for/feeding them. And in August we will pay a butcher to kill them for us. They are so cute! We went and saw them today and then helped a little bit with building them a pen on my parents' property. It was fun. I am looking forward to being a pig owner.



















This was hilarious. Talley was lounging on this gate, whilst the goat licked her hand. She seemed unaware for a minute or so. Then she caught a glimpse of the goat and completely FREAKED out. We're talking unglued.

(My brother and sister-in-law have goats with some friends. We had to see the babies while we checked out the piggies.)

4 comments:

ClistyB said...

hopefully, Templeton won't bother them.

Wendy said...

Yes, he can be rather nasty at times. I shared more pics on FS if you're interested.

Anne said...

I love goats. I don't think I could do a pig as we don't eat that much pork...but maybe it would be much better if we knew what said pork was eating!?

Patty said...

Poor Talley...that was very funny.

I used to have goats and pigs when I lived in the Philippines 25 years ago and I didn't allow them to be slaughtered until after I moved back to the States, heh!