Tuesday, March 30, 2010

No More Facebook

I guess I have to become a better blogger since I decided to quit facebook. That was a difficult decision for me, as I have enjoyed getting to know people in my church ward and neighborhood, as well as reconnecting with old friends. However, I am an all or nothing kind of gal and knew that I couldn't trust myself to only check in on facebook every once in awhile. It was taking up far too much of my precious time. Since I didn't want to quit facebook, and frankly felt a little mad about it, I knew I had a problem and that the surest way to solve it was to completely stop using facebook.

Anyway, at least blogging is preserving family memories, stories and photos. I can still keep up with friends through blogging, but will not have to feel guilty about the time spent on it. I can just write up a quick post and be done with it.

Tim and I have decided to homeschool all eight of our kids again next year through the K12 program (which we LOVE). With homeschooling, two callings (at church), my running hobby, and helping Tim with his business, I just do not have any time to waste or spare.

So that is that.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I completely understand where you are coming from!

Michele said...

just when I was very seriously considering actually signing up! :) Of course, I still haven't, I am afraid I will get addicted.

maeg said...

I will miss you on facebook, but I completely understand your decision. Time is so precious! By the way, I love K12 too :-) Good luck with it!!!