Monday, July 6, 2009

Quick Update

We went and swam in the lake last Monday for Family Night. It was so much fun! We swam in the lake, fed squirrels, roasted hot dogs and had s'mores. It was finally a hot, sunny day and just what summer should be like.



The little kids have lots and lots of plastic animal figurines. They love to play with them. Recently we set some up on our stairs and then Ezra added some to the ledge in the dining room. Our newest additions are the three rabbits. We've been looking for rabbits for awhile.







Esther is starting to talk to us in English. She is putting together simple sentences and really trying hard to communicate. It makes things SO much easier. She loves to dance, sing and loves music of all kinds. Her personality has really started showing over the last few weeks and it has been great to witness.



We had a wonderful 4th of July with most of my side of the family. When we were watching fireworks, Esther said, "I like that." She had the biggest grin on her face when she said it.

This has been such a busy summer and the rest of July is practically booked solid as well. The boys start school mid-August (we put all three boys in public school this year). Sahara and Beth will start up more toward the end of August. And I will be homeschooling our three little girls for this year at least (and many more, I hope). We will start our studies when the boys go back to school.

2 comments:

ClistyB said...

ALL of my kids love those, too. My aunt discovered them and began buying them for her granddaughters. I think she buys like 30 at once!! She rolls like that. But anyway, its like a goldmine when they go over there.
You still want more bunnies?
I will look for other ones.

Wendy said...

If you find 'em, I'll reimburse.