Wednesday, July 29, 2009

10K

I finished my first ever 10K last Friday (on Pioneer Day)!!! I was able to run about 5.7 or 5.8 of the 6.2 miles. I was very pleased to have been able to surpass my goal (I was planning to run 5 miles). It felt great to finish!

5 comments:

Lindsay Mama to Nine said...

That is awesome I have ALWAYS wanted to do that...

Stephanie said...

Good job! So what was your final time? I ran a 10k on pioneer day too. I finished it in 1 hour 4 min. Better than I thought possible for me. The first 2 miles were straight up hill. 1/4 mile at a 8% grade. Hardest run ever! I felt more than great after finishing it! Now I think, "do I go for a 1/2 marathon next?" I don't know pretty scary to think about!

maeg said...

Congrats on your run! You are seriously a SUPER WOMAN!

sweetlissybug said...

Cool. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! That is awesome! Someday I hope to do that. I know I just need to work at it. Good for you!