In our religion, we do not partake of alcohol, tobacco, or coffee. We have discussed this with our kids throughout their lives, but not recently, so imagine my amusement at the following conversation:
Ezra (as we were driving around): "When I grow up, I am going to marry a nice girl. She is not going to smoke or eat coffee or do bad stuff. Like when I meet her, I am going to say 'Do you eat coffee? Do you smoke cigarettes? Do you do bad things?' Then I will tell her, 'No, I am not marrying you if you do all that bad stuff!'"
Claire: "Me too. If the man I am going to marry does that stuff, I am going to tell him 'No' too. And if I see a guy smoking right in front of the Temple, I will just pass him on by and choose someone else!"
Oh I was chuckling inside! The words they used and the way they said all of this! So funny!
(Please do not take offense to our personal beliefs about alcohol, tobacco and coffee. We would never want to hurt or offend anyone!)
3 comments:
That is too funny! kids are the greatest
Too funny!
Cute that Claire said ....If I meet him at the temple I will walk right by and choose someone else! So funny
I hope my kids both choose someone that doesn't smoke or eat coffee.
Post a Comment