We slept in that morning, which felt luxurious. Then we had family scripture study. While I made breakfast burritos for breakfast, the kids did their chores. After breakfast we played for a little while. The kids love to wrestle each other and Tim and I and that led to arm wrestling and games of "Mercy". Our children are competitive and physical, so this type of playing is a regular activity around here. ;-) Closer to lunchtime, we all got ready to leave (minus Beth & Sahara).
We started off with a car wash for the van. Then we ate lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Red Iguana. Yum. It was wonderful as usual. Henry decided that he was just going to eat chips and ice (from my water cup). Crazy kid.
Anyhow, after lunch we took a drive up to Park City and then we drove down to Heber. We stopped off at Deer Creek Reservoir which was completely frozen and let the kids get out to play. Most of the kids took off running, they were so excited. We had to call them back. Ezra was super cautious at first, noting that his scout leader had told him to never go on a frozen lake, as there might be thin parts he could fall into. Tim and I kept telling him it was OK and that the lake was frozen enough to hold our weight. Finally he said, "Well, daddy is the Bishop and if the Bishop tells me to do this, I have to obey." ;-) After that he went hog-wild and was running far out into the lake.
On our way home, we decided to stop and look at the progress of our new church building that is almost finished being built. We timed it right as the building manager, who lives in our stake boundaries, was coming out of the building. He invited us to take a tour. It is SO nice inside and we are all looking forward to when we can go to church there in April.
It was a nice day.
And here are a couple of photos from last Saturday night when we had our friends over for dinner. Henry had fun playing with two of their sons:
1 comment:
What fun! And what great pictures! I've lived in Minnesota 10 years, and people go on the ice all the time, they drive their trucks, they practically build a house out there to spend all of their time fishing...and I still cringe and get nervous EVERY time I see it! Sometimes people do fall in, it's a valid fear...;-) I stay near the shallow parts and make sure it's really REALLY cold out before I step on it. There's probably a guide out there of how cold it has to be to make the ice thick enough to be safe...I should find it, it might help me be less nervous.
Glad you guys had a great winter excursion :-)
Post a Comment