I really loved this article from the February 2013 Ensign:
Balancing Truth and Tolerance
Two of my favorite quotes from the article are listed below:
President Boyd K. Packer, President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, has said: “The word tolerance does not stand alone. It requires an object and a response to qualify it as a virtue. … Tolerance is often demanded but seldom returned. Beware of the word tolerance. It is a very unstable virtue.”
President Thomas S. Monson has taught: “The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance. Do not be deceived; behind that facade is heartache, unhappiness, and pain. … If your so-called friends urge you to do anything you know to be wrong, you be the one to make a stand for right, even if you stand alone.”
2 comments:
I loved this too! I wanted to share it with everyone I know.
that is a good one. Thanks for sharing :-)
Post a Comment