Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back On Track

I've decided it is time to get back on track with my running. I haven't ran in a race since a year ago when I ran in the Red Rock Relay. I am going to do a 10K (6.2 miles) on October 27th. I have ran this race before and really like it. It is put on by a theater and if you run the 10K you get two tickets to two different plays. Tim and I love going to plays and this theater puts on good ones. So I am looking forward to the challenge of a race and the fun of going to two plays for free next year. ;-)

Henry and I went on a walk today. We did a 3.6 mile route. I didn't run any of it, except to cross streets, because I didn't want to push myself too hard right off the bat. It kind of feels like starting from scratch, which I hate. I am going to do this though. I love how I feel when I am running regularly and I love the feeling of crossing the finish line in a race. I need that feeling back in my life. I don't want it to consume me, but I want it to be something I think about and work on every day. It felt so nice to be outdoors, walking at a brisk pace. My muscles were even a little sore, so it was a good workout. I think it helps that the area we live in is quite hilly.

I got a haircut today. I was brave and went rather short. Like chin length in the front and shorter, stacked a-line in the back. I really like it. I might post pictures tomorrow, if I can style it right. ;-) I can never style my hair as good as my hairdresser does. Why is that?

Today was a nice day. The weather was great and I was able to get a lot done. I love days where I feel productive.

Well, I am tired. More another day.

Here are some photos of the last race I did (it was a relay race in southern Utah):




No comments: