So last Thursday Sahara came home from dodgeball with blood all over her face and hands. She said, "I had a little accident." Come to find out, she and her friends were not wearing their seat belts on the way home (because "it wasn't that far away!") and their dodgeball coach slammed on the breaks. Sahara flew from the back seat to the front where she hit her mouth on the consul. One of her front teeth busted in half. Her lips were bruised, swollen and bloody. Poor girl. Later on as she was cleaning herself off and applying ice, I said, "Why do these weird things always happen to you Sahara!?" We both had to laugh over it. We've all had fun calling her "Toothless" and teasing her about her temporary lisp (and her friends have had blast teasing her). I took her to the dentist today and she got it fixed. It's a temporary fix, as she is younger, and she will need a crown in 3 or 4 years.
Yesterday at church Henry grabbed onto the water fountain and was swinging back and forth on it! Every time he got anywhere near it, he would do that trick again. Crazy baby! He is so strong for his age. Whenever people ask me how old he is, they never believe me when I tell them. He'll be one on May 16th! I am looking forward to his 1 year check-up so I can see how much he weighs and how tall he is now. I swear he's at least 30 lbs. Yesterday my back was hurting from carrying him around. ;-) We also want to talk to the doctor about his right foot, as it turns in a little bit when he walks or runs. It looks normal when he stands, though, so maybe it is nothing. But we must check it out.
I still haven't downloaded photos from my camera onto Tim's laptop. I guess he doesn't have a good program for that, so that has kept me from doing it. I want to get that done soon, as I have so many great photos from the last month or so and I want to share them here.
Ezra's car did OK at the Pinewood Derby. He won 1st place once, 2nd place once, 3rd place a couple of times and 4th place a couple of times. Happily, he was never in 5th or 6th place. He had a great time and talked about it the entire weekend. You can see photos of the Pinewood Derby in this post.
The weather is so gorgeous lately. We love it. We've spent some time working on the yard and the kids have enjoyed playing outside a lot. Henry LOVES to be outdoors and cries whenever he has to come inside.
Last Week we met with the resource/special ed department (probably not the real term they use) at our charter school, along with Talley's teacher and the school psychologist (our Talley has had a few behavioral issues since school started and the psychologist has been working with her when needed). We went over her testing and it was found that she does indeed qualify for an IEP (individual education plan). We talked of holding her back to redo 1st grade, but it was advised that we let her advance to 2nd grade. She will go to resources for math and reading, but be in her regular class for the rest of the day. They seem to think that she will actually do well enough in a couple of years that she will no longer need an IEP. That is terrific. In the meantime, it is nice to know she will be getting the individual attention and help she needs. We have seen such amazing progress with Esther since she has been working with the resource/special ed teachers, so I know we will with Talley. Again, we feel so blessed to have our kids in this excellent school!
On Saturday we cleaned out our cold storage room (under the porch in the basement). Then I swept it, mopped it and Tim and I painted the walls and floors. We've been meaning to do this project for 3.5 years now and we finally got it finished. We're going to get a bunch of shelves made and put in there so that we can work on our 1 year supply of food/necessities storage. Tim also put some more lighting in the basement on Saturday. We're looking to make a fun area for exercising and TV/video game/movie enjoyment. Plus we're contemplating finishing a room and bathroom down there. Lots of projects to do. It feels great to get stuff accomplished.
We had our good friends over for dinner yesterday. It was wonderful to catch up with them and visit. I made dinner and they brought a delicious dessert. It was lots of fun.
I need to cut this short. The kids are home from school and working on homework and doing their chores. I need to get a load of laundry switched from the washer to the drier and a new one started, as well as make dinner. It's a glamorous life, I know! ;-) And I love every minute of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment