We had so much fun decorating our house for Christmas this year. We really went all out. Unfortunately, I didn't take as many photos of them as I thought I had. The older kids and I worked hard to get the ornaments pinned to the ceiling. Ryland and Kenyon made the beautiful snowflakes and we added them amongst the ornaments. I love how they turned out. It is kind of difficult to tell how they really look in these photos. They looked much prettier in person. We had such fun hanging up 11 (!) stockings. We keep having to find new spots to hang them up. I did see a cute idea (on pinterest) for hanging a lot of stockings on the fireplace that I will try this Christmas (you use 3-4 stocking holders to hold up a curtain rod and the stockings all hang from the rod). This year the kids decorated the tree entirely by themselves. I watched. It was so neat. I didn't even have to do the lights or garland this time! ;-) And the best part is that the kids thought it was a special treat to be able to do it. ;-) I just love the magic of the Christmas season and getting the house all decked out only adds to the joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment