




We had a GREAT Thanksgiving. We went to my sister's house. I made 107 butterhorn rolls, yam souffle (aka sweet potato casserole), 2 pumpkin pies, 2 pecan pies, 1 mixed berry pie, crab dip and raspberry cream cheese dip. Sahara made corn salsa. We had so much yummy food. I managed one full plate of dinner and then half of a piece of pecan pie and half of a piece of pumpkin pie and a bite of my sister's yummy bread pudding. I was stuffed!!! The highlight of the day was the cake my sister made for Claire. She loves this bunny Nicholas from the book I Am a Bunny. She has a mini obsession with bunnies and so my sister made her this awesome cake with Nicholas on top. When Claire saw it she grinned from ear to ear! Then I asked her who it was and she answered in the sweetest, happiest voice, "Nicholas!" It was so cute. She was excited and embarrassed when we did the candles and sang to her. She could hardly blow the candles out she was so embarrassed and yet smiley. ;-) It was so fun. We loved spending time with my sister and brother, their families, and later on my parents came by for dessert (we missed my other two brothers and their families). A lovely, lovely day!
Today is Claire's birthday and I am working on her birthday dinner ... Ethiopian food. And she requested Key Lime pie for dessert. A busy, fun day.
2 comments:
I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving! That rabbit looks amazing. :) I'm enjoying your picture a day even though I haven't commented on every one of them.
how adorable! i like claire's embarrassed face. :)
Post a Comment