Friday, November 19, 2010

Long Day



I cheated. This photo is not from today. I took it a couple of days ago. Today I was so busy, I never had a chance to take a photo. Seriously. I woke up at 6 am to go to the temple with a friend to do initiatories. I couldn't find my thyroid medicine and was crawling around my bedroom floor with a flashlight (so I wouldn't wake up the kids) looking for it. I never did find it. I have to say it wasn't a fun way to start my day. Anyhow, I went and did initiatories, then I came home and ate breakfast and then went back to the temple with my three oldest to do baptisms for the dead. We were there for a couple of hours. I came home and chatted with my good friend Karla (who was kind enough to watch my 5 youngest while we were at the temple). She went home, I ate lunch and then I did shipments for Tim's business. After I finished that, I took a shower, ran to Walmart to get last minute items for a scout overnight camp-out that Ryland had (which he told me about on Monday!), rushed home and threw together a foil dinner for Ry to take. Then I dropped him off at his scout leader's home, went to pick up pizza for the kids in barely enough time for Tim and I to leave on our hot date. (Is this sounding boring/tedious enough yet?) Tim had a surprise for me. He never surprises me, so this was lovely. After we dropped the shipments off at the post office, he took me to the BYU Art Museum to see the Carl Bloch display! I love Carl Bloch. Whilst there we met another adoptive family with an adorable baby boy. We visited with them for awhile and exchanged email addresses. Then we went and had dinner at the Rooster Dumpling & Noodle House (not sure if this is its proper name). It was yummy! Now we are home and I am so tired. It has been a long day and as you can see, I didn't really have time for a photo. The one above is of the darling Miss Claire and her very special blankie. She loves this blanket a lot and up until about 6 months ago, it was very bad news in our family if we couldn't find Claire's blankie at bedtime.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: