The first one is of a lemon meringue pie I made last week completely from scratch (I'm off store-bought pie crusts now). It was gorgeous, but I must admit didn't taste as good as it looked. I want to try a more subtle lemon pie (my sister-in-law said she has a good recipe for me to try, so that is exciting), as lemon meringue is a bit strong in my opinion. My pie crusts are fine, but not as good as they could be. I'm still working on that. My brother-in-law is an expert when it comes to pie crusts, and he gave me a little tip tonight that I will try in the future. I really want to master pies, as that is one of Tim's most favorite desserts (only after ice cream and frozen raspberry mousse).

The second photo is of the three little kids watching a movie. I almost never let them watch movies (we usually watch a movie as a family on Friday nights and that's about it). Nor do they get to watch television because we do not have cable or an antennae. Too bad for my kids. Ha Ha! They were able to watch quite a few movies in the last couple of days while I cleaned, did laundry and made food for Claire's birthday and Thanksgiving. Now I will have to go back to no movies for awhile to make up for the last couple of days. Anyway, aren't they so cute?
3 comments:
I love all the latest updates! The yellow bathroom is fabulous, the pie is gorgeous, your kids are adorable and the birthday meal picks is great! I love kids and all the little things in life that make them happy! You are a great mom! It looks like you work hard at being the best mom you can I think that you are succeeding nicely! Let's plan a time to get together.
We love lemon merengue pie! So delicious -- but then again I am a major lemon fan. :)
Yours looks beautiful!
Blessings,
gloria
that's a gorgeous. Looks like you've already mastered pies.
And WOW that your kids don't watch tv/movies. Wow! I am impressed.
Post a Comment