Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What's Going On?

Life is crazy busy. I think I have started most of my blog posts with that exact line. However, we are at a whole new level these days! We have 11 kids. Eleven! I can safely say there is never a dull moment in this house.

Things are going well, for the most part, with Oscar. This weekend will mark 4 weeks that he has been with us. We have seen a lot of improvement in that time and yet we still have things to work on with him. He is a quick learner though. We have a lot of rules at our house and I think he has learned them all by now. When he misbehaves, it is a choice he is making, not a misunderstanding like in the beginning. He is a loving boy--both in giving and receiving. Oscar fits into our family perfectly, as did Matthias. He has become close to Esther, Talley and Matthias. He and Henry play together a fair amount, but they also fight a lot. They are jealous of each other. ;-) In time, they will be the best of friends.

Matthias is doing SO well. Especially since he has been out of school for the summer. He is such a great kid and so fun to be around. His speech has vastly improved and he is getting to be such a terrific reader. He is almost always happy. His smile melts my heart and brings me so much joy. He seems to have relished in the big brother role with Oscar. He is really good with him. Oscar always says, "Matt is my best brother. I love him."

I have recently decided to homeschool the 6 elementary kids. That would be Matthias, Esther, Claire, Ezra, Talley and Oscar. It was a big decision to make and I have spent the last month researching and praying. I feel like it is the right move for our family at this time.

Tomorrow Beth, Sahara and Ryland are going on a pioneer trek simulation with our church youth group. We have been busy getting them ready for that. I am sure going to miss them while they are gone.

OK, more soon. Henry is having a meltdown and I think it is time for his nap. ;-)

3 comments:

Karla said...

Wow. Homeschooling. If anyone can do it, it's you.

Michele said...

Glad you guys are doing well. :-) I love seeing your great big family and hearing about so much love even though adjusting to a new family is hard. You and your family are amazing and great examples of the love this world needs. :-)

Not Betty Crocker said...

Not that you have time to share but if you do...I'd love to hear what curriculum you'll be using. I'm homeschooling my 3 this year. Also, what does your homeschool day look like? And what guidelines do you have for screen time in your home? TV, iPad, phones, etc. this has become a huge battle in our home and I'm curious how other, more experienced moms handle this :) I think you're a wonderf example of motherhood and I love hearing about your family. Thanks for sharing.