Sunday, June 16, 2013

Orlando

A little over a month ago, I learned of a little boy who needed a new home through the same agency we adopted Matthias from. Even though I was fairly certain our family was complete, I felt something when I saw this little boy's photo. I didn't think too much would come of it, but I told Tim about him and showed him the little boy's photo. Tim surprised me by saying that he also felt something and that we should tell our agency we were interested in becoming the little boy's parents. And so we did. We learned that there were lots of families interested in this little boy and decided that there was no way our family would be chosen and figured nothing would come of it. And then, this little boy's other family wanted to talk to us on the phone. We set up a phone conference and talked with the little boy's mom for an hour and a half. Tim and I felt like the phone call went well, but also thought that they would still choose one of the other families. Later on that night, our agency emailed and said that we had been chosen. We were surprised and honored. Well, I'll just fast forward through the month of waiting and paperwork and let you all know that we have another son. His name is Orlando. He is 4.5 years old.

And he came home today.

Just as with Matthias' adoption, we ask that you keep Orlando's old family in your prayers. This is a hard journey to travel. We love Orlando's old family and know they did what was best for him. It is not easy for them at all.

(Matthias has had fun this evening taking Orlando under his wing and teaching him the ropes.) :-)

Here are some photos from this evening when we went to Grammie & Grandpa's house for dinner and later on when Orlando and Henry were playing before bed.

(I am really tired so I will post without proof-reading.)