Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hi

OK, I know this gonna be hard to believe, and I even hesitate to share it, but I have to do it. Henry can talk. Yes, the normal cooing that all babies do. But he can also say "Hi." Seriously. Tim has been teaching it to him since he was almost 5 weeks old. We always say "Hi" to him and one day when Henry cooed in return, it came out as "Hi", albeit a very breathy "Hi." Tim and I were stunned and delighted. Henry could tell he'd done something good by our reaction and tried to mimic the sound he'd just made. Ever since then, we try hard to get him to say "Hi" (Tim is the best at getting it to work) and Henry tries hard, most often being successful, to copy us. It is adorable, and further proof that our son is a genius. ;-)

Here are some photos of Henry and Daddy "talking" and playing. I need to get a video of it soon.



















3 comments:

Michele said...

So many sweet photos! (this post and the last couple- I'm catching up) Henry is growing so fast!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I could eat him up!!!!! :)

- Lisa
http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/

amyegodfrey said...

Henry is darling! I'm glad I got to meet and cuddle him in person. Your kids are all beautiful! And well-behaved, I might add. Very impressive.