Friday, July 1, 2011

FB Status Update and the 4th

Here is my facebook status update from yesterday:

i don't think there is anything more precious or adorable than my 6 week old son's hands, chubby arms and elbows. well, maybe his toes and feet and chubby legs. and possibly his gorgeous face and kissable lips. or maybe his soft curls and his sweet voice when he coos at me. hmm ... he's just perfect all around.

Sorry for all of you not on facebook. ;-)

I am so in love with Henry. He is scrumptious. I want to memorize his every feature, his every move, his every sound. I am savoring this. He is my caboose--my baby. For real. I actually really believe it this time, instead of pretending to believe it. I feel so incredibly blessed to end my motherhood journey on such a sweet note. Henry's adoption was a piece of cake. No kidding. And while he is pretty fussy and throws up a lot, he is the perfect baby. I love, love, love, love him. He is the child that I can totally see myself turning into one of those mother-in-laws over. Seriously. I always tell everyone that Henry is my BFF. ;-) I just adore him. I am so thankful for him in my life.

OK, so on the 4th of July Tim and I are hosting. His whole family is coming and I think most of mine are too (we'll miss my brother Jarret and his family--they live in AZ). We will have between 34 -42 people at our home. Wowzers. I am kinda nervous but mostly excited. I am not the best with big crowds. I get worried and stress easily. That's what happens when you are a control freak. Hopefully I can be uber laid-back. I just keep telling myself, "Something will get broken. Something will get ruined. But it will be fun, fun, fun and something to always remember." Plus, then we don't have to pick which side of the family we spend the holiday with.

Today I am going to run, do Tim's shipping (it's Friday afterall). Then Tim, Henry and I will go to the post office to send off his shipments, go on our date (my favorite time of the week!) and go to Costco to buy food and fireworks for the 4th.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Henry is so adorable! Happy fourth of july! You will have so much fun with everyone. :)

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Your love for him shines through so much on this post. :) How was the 4th?