Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Facebook Status Updates

Here are some of my favorite recent facebook status updates:

Henry was laying on my chest, wiggling around and trying to get comfortable. Talley said, "He's trying to smell you to see if you're the right mommy." ;-)

Henry was 6 ibs 4 oz at birth. He is 5 weeks 5 days old and he weighs 9 lbs 12 oz.!!! I knew he was getting heavier. I better get some buff arm muscles out of this (he has to be held at. all. times.).

As I was writing my last status update, Talley was sitting next to me. She saw my list of friends and saw my sister-in-law, Kate Barron's profile picture which happens to be Perry from Phineas and Ferb. Talley excitedly said, "You're friends with the guy on Phineas and Ferb!?" ;-)

This morning Ezra was playing with a toy gold coin. Talley asked Ezra, "Is that REAL GOLD!?" Ezra replied, "No Talley. Real gold would probably have a person's face on it, not a leprechaun's face."

I often warn my kids that they are using bad manners by saying that they are eating like hillbillies. Tonight Claire made the comment, "Supper is GOOD tonight." Ezra said, "Claire! Only hillbillies call dinner 'supper'!" ;-)

Ezra threw a toy at the furnace, which has done before and been warned about. So I asked him what punishment I should give him and he replied, "Well, just ground me until the end of August!" ;-) I thought he'd suggest time-out. ;-)

To all of my neighbors with their windows open: That banshee-like crying you heard from about 12:45-1 am? Yes, that was MY son. I am so sorry. I hope you can get back to sleep. (I could not console him, nor make a bottle fast enough. He was ticked. And just so you know, I was suffering right alongside you, as he not only screamed in my ear, but clawed off my face with his baby dagger nails to show his fury.)

Never try to kiss an angry, flailing-arms baby. I made the same mistake at 4 am and have the scratched lip to prove it. My son gets MAD when he is hungry.

Talley was trying to kiss Henry and he hit her with his hands. Talley said, with her fists on her hips, "He just smacked me! And after all of these years of me telling him how cute he is!" ;-)

Henry is 4 weeks old today and weighs 8 lbs. 5 oz. (He was 6 lbs. 4 oz. at birth.) His doctor says he's growing well and that at this rate, he'll be a linebacker. I said, "Nope, he's gonna be a runner!" ;-)

Just overheard:

Kenyon (10): "Talley, when you get a baby, you'll have a baby shower too."

Talley (5): "But they're BORING! All you do is sit around and talk and eat."

Kenyon: "Well, when you're an adult, you'll love to sit around and talk and eat. That's what adults like to do."


Overheard (as I passed out pumpkin seeds):

Talley: "Now we're going to turn into pumpkins!"

Claire: "No, now we're going to get fat!"


Talley (5) just said to me, "When I grow up and am a mom, I'm gonna break my diet, just like you!" I started LAUGHING and she said, "What? I am." (Yes, I broke my diet yesterday.)

2 comments:

Michele said...

I love it! I'm glad you posted since I'm not on facebook.

abby said...

i was going to say the same thing as michele. those kids crack me up!