Thursday, April 14, 2011

Anywhere In the World

A couple of days ago, I had to drive Beth & Sahara to some mandatory testing for homeschoolers. I brought Esther, Claire & Talley along. We had about a half hour drive to the testing center and then a half hour back home (in the morning and in the afternoon). There never seems to be anything good on the radio, so I decided to start asking the little girls questions to pass the time. One of the questions I asked was, "If you could go anywhere in the whole wide world, where would you go?" We always let Esther answer first, as she has a hard time answering questions and usually just copies the person who goes ahead of her. So Esther answered, "In N Out." Claire and Talley were surprised by her answer ("What!? We always go to In N Out."). Talley answered, "St. George." That totally made me laugh. Claire said, "Washington. The state." That totally made me laugh (both where she chose to go and the clarification on it being the state of Washington). So I said, "That's where you guys would go if you could go anywhere!?" Claire said, "Well, where would you go?" I said, "If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go somewhere I have never been to before ... like India. I have never been to India." Claire replied, "Well, I have never been to Washington and that is where I would go!" :-)

Kids! They make life delightful.

1 comment:

sweetlissybug said...

I want to go to Italy. India would be cool, too though. And Washington state is a great place to visit. Take them! :) It looks like you had a great trip to the beach. I love the beach. Lucky. :)