A couple of my recent facebook status updates:
I just started reading The Wind in the Willows to my elementary-aged kids today. As we read the part about Mole seeing a river for the first time, Matthias said, "Why is he so excited?" I tried to explain how neat it must have been for him being an underground animal and all. Then Claire said, "Matt! Just think about how excited you were the first time Mommy let you grate cheese. Remember how you couldn't stop talking about how fun it was? That's how Mole feels about seeing the river."
*
Tim and I drove Kenyon to school together this morning. We brought Henry along. As we got onto a certain road, Henry said, "I want sausage." Tim and I laughed as we realized our little smarty pants knew we were on the road where there is a McDonald's (we go there maybe every other month). He was pretty insistent about stopping and getting his sausage. Then he was asking for a "big fry-fry". When we got our order, I handed Henry his sausage and he said, "Where's my 'Donald'?" It took us a second to realize that he was calling the hashbrown a "Donald". Totally cracked us up.
*
I was outside watering our new bushes and trees. Talley says to me, "Mommy, I always dreamed of catching a bird, but every time one lands in our yard and I go to catch it, it flies away. I really think that birds have eyes in the back of their heads!"
*
I picked Kenyon up from school. I asked if he had any homework. He said, "Yes, I have to decorate my science journal." I said, "Seriously?" He replied, "Yes! What scientist decorates their journal? None. They leave them plain. Scientists don't waste time decorating things."
*
Talley (7.75) was telling Tim Barron and I about a girl a school who was bragging. Talley said, "And then she told me that her dad was better than my dad because her dad got fired from his job and was now able to spend all day with her." Then Talley said, "And she says that her family goes to Disneyland every single holiday and I think she is lying because she was at school on St. Patrick's Day!"
No comments:
Post a Comment