The kids have had Thursday and Friday off of school, so we tried to do some really fun things this weekend to make it feel special. On Thursday Tim and I had to work. I usually ship for his business on Fridays and Mondays, but this week I did on Thursday so that we could play as much as possible with the kids. On Thursday, after the shipments were all packaged, we took the kids out for an early dinner to one of our favorite restaurants, Red Iguana. Afterward we came home and had movie night. On Friday we drove up one of the local canyons to look at the autumn leaves. Then we found a nice picnic spot where we could roast hot dogs and marshmallows. It was absolutely beautiful weather. We ate lots, wandered around, talked, laughed and joked around the campfire, played by the river and just had a great, relaxing time. After the sun started going down and it started getting cold, we decided to head back home. At home we had another movie night (the little kids thought this was the coolest thing ever!). Today we just lazed about in the morning (I got to run in the canyon!!!) and then this afternoon Tim and the kids carved pumpkins while I made sugar cookies and dinner. After dinner the kids got to decorate their own sugar cookies to eat. We have had such a nice, long weekend. It was just what we all needed! Tomorrow we have church and then getting things in order to get back to regular life. I took lots and lots of photos this weekend to share. For now here are some photos of Henry a week or so ago--right before he turned 5 months. He is so funny and cute, lounging in my lap.

And one of him trying to grab the camera. ;-)




Photos from this weekend coming SOON! ;-)
1 comment:
So glad to hear you had a great weekend. I was just telling Brian how nice it would be to go on a hike (instead of a "walk")...
Can't wait to see the pictures. :)
I love Henry's red stripy pajammies.
Post a Comment