Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tables

Well, school has started here. The plan is to homeschool all 8 kids this year. Our first day was mighty trying, but yesterday was much better. If we can ever log in to K12 today, I am sure it will be a good day as well. It has just taken some adjusting and severe scheduling to make it work. Gone are the lazy, carefree days of homeschooling. ;-) Anyway, we did some table switching around to make everything work. We put the two kitchen tables (which used to be our school tables until we had a larger family and had to combine them for a kitchen table) into the schoolroom. We put the table that was in the schoolroom into the dining room (this was originally our kitchen table, so it is nice to use it in the dining room). Then Tim and I got a new 10 person table at Ikea for a good price. We had to buy 6 more chairs from Ikea to have enough chairs for all of the tables, and we splurged and got chair pads for the kitchen chairs and schoolroom chairs (they were on sale at Ikea). Everything looks and feels "right" now. I told Tim I felt like we were real people finally, since our table situation was fixed.



Kitchen Table



Kitchen Table



Kitchen Table



Kitchen Table



The kids had to eat dinner on the floor one night before I was able to put our new table together. They seemed to enjoy it, though.



Dining Room Table (Hello old friend!)



Schoolroom Tables



Schoolroom Tables



Schoolroom Tables

3 comments:

Anne said...

Beautiful!

Michele said...

Your tables look great!

sweetlissybug said...

It's amazing how the right table makes you feel so good. I absolutely understand that statement. :) You are a brave, brave woman homeschooling your children. Just so brave.