Ezra is obsessed with video games. He particularly likes the game SuperSmash Bros. Melee (?). One morning he begged me to take photo after photo of him doing his SuperSmash moves. Here is a sampling:
I know this isn't the place to ask this but I couldn't think of anyone else to ask. What did you do when your girls would pee their pants and you KNEW they KNEW how to use the bathroom? I am trying to potty train Elle and have forgotten how to do it. I am frusterated and she acts like she doesn't understand. She is 3 1/2 and I KNOW she understands. How long does it take for them to get it? How did you potty train? Please help!!!
I have had a couple of kids that were 3.5 or older and not potty-trained. It stinks (literally) to change diapers on kids that old. However, I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet. She has been through A LOT and maybe just doesn't want to have to deal with potty-training, even though she technically could be. If se's still not potty-trained by 4 years, then I would start getting strict. Esther was almost 6 when she came home and peed her pants on purpose all of the time. It really made me mad. A friend suggested that I had her sit in an empty bathtub in her peed clothing for a little bit before cleaning her up. Guess what? It worked. We did it 2 or 3 times after she peed her pants and then she never peed her pants again. She hated sitting in her peed clothes and would scream. I just calmly (or sort of calmly) explained that she couldn't pee her pants. Anyway, it worked. She was definitely old enough to not be peeing her pants, so I felt comfortable with having expectations on her. If I have learned anything in my many years of parenting, it is that a child will NOT potty-train unless they are good and ready to. And I make myself upset over nothing. I'd just let her be for a little while and push it when she is 4.
3 comments:
I know this isn't the place to ask this but I couldn't think of anyone else to ask. What did you do when your girls would pee their pants and you KNEW they KNEW how to use the bathroom? I am trying to potty train Elle and have forgotten how to do it. I am frusterated and she acts like she doesn't understand. She is 3 1/2 and I KNOW she understands. How long does it take for them to get it? How did you potty train? Please help!!!
Isaac loves supersmash too- he got a kick out of the pictures. :) Keep having fun!
Chavonne,
I have had a couple of kids that were 3.5 or older and not potty-trained. It stinks (literally) to change diapers on kids that old. However, I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet. She has been through A LOT and maybe just doesn't want to have to deal with potty-training, even though she technically could be. If se's still not potty-trained by 4 years, then I would start getting strict. Esther was almost 6 when she came home and peed her pants on purpose all of the time. It really made me mad. A friend suggested that I had her sit in an empty bathtub in her peed clothing for a little bit before cleaning her up. Guess what? It worked. We did it 2 or 3 times after she peed her pants and then she never peed her pants again. She hated sitting in her peed clothes and would scream. I just calmly (or sort of calmly) explained that she couldn't pee her pants. Anyway, it worked. She was definitely old enough to not be peeing her pants, so I felt comfortable with having expectations on her. If I have learned anything in my many years of parenting, it is that a child will NOT potty-train unless they are good and ready to. And I make myself upset over nothing. I'd just let her be for a little while and push it when she is 4.
Love,
Wendy
Post a Comment