I ended up not doing my 10K. On the way to pick up my race packet, Tim's car died. We managed to get home (thanks to Tim's mom), get the Armada and continue on to getting my race packet. Once there, I discovered I was in at least an hour long line to pick up my packet. After standing in line for 20 minutes, I had barely moved at all (maybe 10 feet forward). Then I started hearing people talking about how they were running out of t-shirts (which is one of the main reasons I even do the races). Right after that, Tim called me and said he was still looking for a parking space and had 2 stolen right out from underneath him. I started thinking about my hip and how it was just now starting to feel normal. I bailed. It was kinda hard at first, but then I was fine with it. (I received an email the morning of the race that the race course had changed--I was glad I hadn't ended up doing it after all of the hassle.) I ended up getting SOOO much done around the house on Saturday and I think it was good for my kids to have me around since I have been gone a lot this week. We cleaned the entire house. I did laundry. I shaved Tim, Ryland and Kenyon's hair (didn't want to battle Ezra, so I left his hair on). I made food for Kenyon's birthday dinner. And, I painted this wall (3 coats):
No comments:
Post a Comment