Thursday, March 6, 2008

Hello March!

Sorry it has been so long since I've blogged here. It is harder than I thought to maintain two blogs. This one always seems to get the shaft.

Beth celebrated her 13th birthday two days ago. Unfortunately she is sick. Every one in the family, except for me, has influenza. They're all miserable and I am just plain tired. This is supposed to be a fun-filled, busy weekend for us and it is starting to look like we will miss out on it all. My sister-in-law has a house full of sickies, too and she said she wished we were all like bears and could hibernate through the winter. I couldn't agree more. ;-)

Prior to getting ill, we were doing the same old things--school, church, friends, exercising, enjoying life. Right now we basically watch TV or movies and read all day long.

I was able to do a big hike last Saturday. It was 6 miles. We ran some of it (I go with some lady friends). It was challenging, but felt so great. I am planning on doing a 10K with my sister and sister-in-law(s) in August, so this is good preparation for it. Unfortunately I haven't exercised at all this week. I usually go to the gym 2-3 times per week and then my canyon hike with my girlfriends 3 times a week. I am really feeling the absence of exercise. I am so tired from playing nurse to seven people that I don't have energy for anything else. Hopefully I will get out a couple times this week and in the very least, get back to it next week.

There's not much else to report. I'll leave you with some photos.

















2 comments:

abby said...

Kenyon looks like such a hipster in that photo. Great pictures. Get well soon everyone!!!

Am I one of the sister-in-laws referred to in the 10K run? Cause if so, I think I have a case of the heaves now. I'm scared! :) (Really. Very scared.) But I want to do it. You need to teach me how to exercise.

Wendy said...

Yes! You are! ;-) The more the better--don't you agree?